Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Protein is 'spensive!!!

Sooo... after shopping around, I found that most places have "sample packs" including Syntha-6, Nectar, Click, and a billion other protein companies, but most have crazy high shipping prices.  So, seeing as though i'm off of work and have nothing to do but track my intake and puke all day, i started writing emails directly to the manufacturers i found.  Most didn't answer me yet (7 days later).  The makers of Muscle Milk sent me a package containing a serving of Muscle Milk cookies & cream and a serving of Whey Isolate chocolate along with about $10 in coupons off of all of their products.  Score!!  The Syntrax people who make Nectar brand protein sent me a call in offer via email:

Hi,
We are currently offering a one time only, limit one per person special on the Nectar ‘Variety Sampler’ containing 13 full serving packets of the following flavors:  Apple Ecstasy, Caribbean Cooler, Crystal Sky, Fuzzy Navel, Lemon Tea, Pink Grapefruit, Roadside Lemonade, Strawberry Kiwi, Twisted Cherry, Chocolate Truffle, Strawberry Mousse, Vanilla Bean Torte and Latte Cappuccino.  The price is $13.00.  The Nectar Variety Sampler receives FREE SHIPPING and orders typically arrive in 2-5 business days via UPS Ground.  If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please give us a call at 866-333-7403 x 801.  Our hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm Central time.

Brent Redburn
SI03 Medical Sales


So, I just called and ordered.  Sounded good to me... $13 for 13 servings.  Maybe i just like the number 13.  If you haven't heard of Nectar, it's mostly fruity flavors that claim they taste so good, you can eat the powder out of the jar like pixy sticks...  I'll let ya know if thats true in 2-5 business days.

I think it's common from what i've seen on the forums... Most people find a protein powder they LOVE pre-op.  Post-op, yeah, not so much.  All the dairy based chocolate, vanilla, latte flavors won't stay down for me.  And the HealthWise drinks that my surgeon's office sells are vicious-horrible.  Blargh!!  Nasty protein aftertaste and they smell just plain bad.  Hopefully Nectar will be better  =)

1 comment:

  1. Living in Canada sucks for alot of the protein options. Shipping is soooo expensive!
    I got a couple of the Nectar flavours from a friend in the states... they were fantastic. I really loved them.

    ReplyDelete