Monday, June 13, 2011

Have I told you I love my parents...?

No.  Yeah, there's a reason for that.  I haven't seen my folks since January.  They haven't seen the kids since Christmas or so...  I decided to be nice and drive downstate to see them. (Yes, downstate.  They live an hour away) I spoke with my mom all week about things that I can eat and things that I can't.  I went into full details about my current pureed only diet since surgery.  **sigh**  My wonderful mother had made corn, baked Idaho potatoes, she bought fresh soft Amish bakery rolls, and had my father grill london broil.  Yeah, good thing I brought my own pureed chicken.  Nothing she had was on my "eat" list.  To top everything off, I sat through the 3 pie dessert... Peanutbutter cream pie, oreo cream pie, and chocolate cream pie.  All the while, the woman looks at me and says "I'm sooo sorry you can't eat anything..."

I have not committed murder.  I am a better person.  We had a "nice" visit.  I'm thinking about moving across country just to have an excuse not to deal with that again...

Thank you, Mom, for proving it's not my fault that I turned out like this...

1 comment:

  1. Shoo'...Most of time I'm blogging to myself. You're not crazy. I still got through this and I had surgery in freakin' October. Comes with the territory, I guess. You just get more and more brazen with your disdain. It's kinda fun to me now. Is that wrong? Oh, well...

    BTW I'm commenting with the profile of my old google blog.You don't have the "name/url" option in the drop down, so I'll give you my contact info here: my new blog address is http://www.fight4yourlifeonline.org. You got some awesome content I can really relate to. Thanks for blogging.

    I'm Angel.

    ReplyDelete