Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It's the little things...that make me a whiney baby...

Well, got some blood work drawn today for my appointment with the dietitian next week.  The tech that was checking me in noticed that my paperwork said something about "nutrition levels post gastric surgery," so she decided to start firing questions at me.  I should have just pretended to be foreign...

"Oh! Did you have that stomach thing done!?! Is it hard? How much you eat now? Issit worth it?  How much weight you lose? Your doctor good? How long it all take? ..."  **ignoring grammar mistakes as much as possible**

I kind of felt bad after I started to explain that I didn't WANT a bypass, that I had a sleeve with massive complications and now, after my 2nd surgery and the bypass revision, it hurts me just to breathe.  Her face just fell.  I actually apologized and said I'm just not the best person to ask about it.

The blood work was done and my day progressed to it's usual, pain-filled boredom.  I haven't been to work since the end of June.  I went back to work after my sleeve surgery on June 19th.  I worked until June 25th.  That whole week I was sick.  I work with federal paperwork, so my co-workers and higher-ups were dismayed that i was vomiting while i worked.  Every time I took a sip or two of water I had to lean over my little wastebasket and hurl it back up.  I could have been fire for vomiting on the papers.  I was careful, but uncomfortable.  So on the 26th of June, i called out.  It went downhill from there.

Now, I'm battling the disability company for my job.  They don't seem to have enough information to verify that I should not be puking at work.  They need more paperwork about why i was absent from work from June 26th until July 11th when i was admitted to the hospital.  I had to fight with my insurance company about why i had to stay in the hospital from July 11th until July 24th.  Like I wanted to...

My pain level hasn't changed.  Just taking a breath in makes my gut feel like a knife is ripping from one side to the other.  Liquid Rx works to dull the pain, but also is a narcotic, so I can't take it during the day if I have to drive or otherwise function.

On top of that, I just discovered that my new stomach does not like sugar free chocolate jello pudding. Oh, for Pete's sake!!  I think I'm going to bed before something else makes me cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment