Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Happy Birthday, Monster!!

My oldest turned 17 today. (why yes, I AM old, thank you.)  He wanted to go to IHOP for lunch.  I was a good kid.  I ordered a big steak omelet and coffee.  I sipped my coffee with splenda for a bit until my omelet came out, slid my pancakes out of the way alllll the way to the side.  I let my food cool while my coffee settled, then I picked about 2 oz of steak and cheese out of my omelet.  Now the hubby has a massive omelet and 3 pancakes for leftovers.

The kids ate like... well... teenagers.  They had lunch, refills on beverages, and dessert.  The birthday boy did ask for a box and brought home his free birthday chocolate pancake.  It's loud.  It's talking to me from the fridge.  It has chocolate chips in it.  I am not going in the kitchen for the rest of the night for fear of the birthday pancake.  It's evil.  In a bad way.

No comments:

Post a Comment