Wednesday, August 10, 2011

2 Week Follow-Up...

My appointment at the surgeon's office today was....weird.  Par for the course, huh?  Still having pain when i try and lay down, or when i cough or sneeze or yawn.  Apparently, my CT scan came back pretty clean.  My diaphragm is swollen and bruised, thus the pain, and I even got PCOS cysts that showed up.  Nice to know that's still with me  **rolls eyes**....

My surgeon is awesome.  He wrote out more Rx's for pain meds and a series of steroids to get the swelling down.  He also fought the insurance company so they would cover my Rx for chewable acid reducers.  Yay!  I did get a talking to about not taking my pain meds enough and trying to do too much too soon.  Apparently he thinks I'm trying to be SuperWoman... **shrugs**

I told him the pain was getting better, but it still made me have Torette's Syndrome when I sneeze.  Through no choice of my own, now when I sneeze I also throw out a curse word.  Yeah, it hurts that much

Soooo.... more meds and less activity for me.  No return to work date yet, which is good since I haven't even been approved for disability since 6/26 when the complications started.  I miss getting paid.  The bills are becoming a bit stressful.  MetLife is supposed to make their grand decision today...  **fingers crossed**

No comments:

Post a Comment