Monday, May 2, 2011

Might as well jump in with both feet....

So, here goes the blogging effort.  First blog ever for me!  Yay!

...anyways, today starts the logging of randomness.  I'm jumping through hoops with the insurance company, work, disability, and the doctors.  Had my last pre-op blood test today, and my last nutrition class and test is tonight.  My liquid diet hangs over my head, as does the Last Supper Syndrome, but I've promised myself not to go crazy.  Friday is my "Last Supper" day and I plan to stay on course, except for one sensible-sized piece of Red Velvet cake, just to say goodbye...

Oh, you need some background info, huh?  Okay.  I have two stomach polyps that require removal.  Killing two birds with one stone, I've decided to go for a VGS surgery.  I've been toying with the idea for years, but finally got up the nerve now that my spinal arthritis has gotten bad.  I'm like an old lady weather station, gripping my back and yelling, "Pa! There's storms a-comin'!!"

So, with the VSG (as with any WLS) I now have a bajillion doctors.  I've been cleared by the pulmonologist (who said vaping was still okay), the cardiologist, and the psychologist.  I'm not sure how I got through that one, but ooookay.  My blood was drawn this morning for my eval blood testing.  Tonight is my last nutrition class and the big written test to make sure I was paying attention.  Later this week, I meet with my surgeon to go over my lovely 2 week liquids-only diet, followed by 2 days of clear fluids only before surgery.  I have also ordered clear retainers for my piercings, and started to stock up on my post-surg vitamin supplies.

I've never been this organized in my life.

So, I'm freaked out, worried, excited, dorky, and completely scared.  My nutritionist suggested blogging to get my thoughts out of my head and onto something else.  So here I am.  And, I suppose, here you are.  So welcome to my addled brain...  Grab a helmet, I have a feeling you might need it...

No comments:

Post a Comment