Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 7: Death Toll Rising...

So, it's noon and I'm only on my 2nd Opti-Fast shake of the day.  I got up late.  Which means i have to stay up late to drink my quota.  **sigh**  This is my last day of Opti-Fast and honestly, I will not miss it.  It's gotten to the point that I'd rather not drink anything... No matter what flavor of shake i have, it tastes like ass.  My tongue is fuzzy.  The only prominent taste i can discern is something akin to sucking on pennies.  Welcome to ketosis.  This fuzz will not come off my tongue.  Any attempts to dislodge said fuzz only results in a stronger ass/coppery taste.  Water does not help.  Brushing teeth/tongue does not help.  I'm sure a nice greasy cheeseburger would help, but i can't have one. 

After today, it's two days of clear liquids, then nothing after midnight Sunday.  I'm reporting to the hospital by 7am on Monday for surgery.  I just hope i don't have to kill anyone by then.  My brain-hungry is getting annoying.  I don't need anything, but i WANT stupid things.  Toast.  I want toast.  Now.  But i know that anything i do wrong now will only postpone my surgery.  So here I sit.... toastless.

I'm angry.  Everyone is making me angry.  Everything is making me angry.  I am an angry, angry woman.  If i wasn't feeling so tired, i might do something irrational.  But since i have to get up every two hours to pee, i haven't gotten enough sleep to do anything crazy...

My lovely children get the most of my anger at this point.  I want the house clean before i go to the hospital.  I have teenagers.  I don't expect my house to look Better Homes & Gardens pretty, but damn, could you at least put the dishes in the sink and not pee on the floor?!?!  The oldest monster is cooking dinners now so i don't have to.  He's also doing dishes and picking up the slack for his brother.  I love him.  He's still a teenager, but he's a good one most of the time.  My youngest... well, he's just angry that I'm home from work...can't wait to get me outta here... Yeah, i love him too.

Maybe its psychosomatic, but I'm exhausted.  I have no motivation and a bajillion things to do.  But I'm soooo tired.  I tried to get my butt moving yesterday and work out a bit, and i fell asleep on the yoga ball.  I guess that was a sign.  So I'm taking it easy.  Still doing laundry and picking up after everyone, but I'm accepting the realization that the house will be messy when i get home from surgery.  As long as i have a couch to sleep upright on, i guess I'm okay with that.... and please kids, don't put dirty dishes on me while I'm sleeping...

No comments:

Post a Comment