Thursday, May 19, 2011

Counting down.... Thoughts on roofing tar and family

Four days.  I'm sticking to my pre-op diet and not doing too bad.  I'm not really hungry... just dealing with the brain-hunger.  The last minute "I can't eat that for a while" thoughts are getting to me, and stupidly enough - i want a piece of toast.  No.  I WANT toast NOW.  For Pete's sake, I'm craving toast.  WTF?

My Opti-Fast shakes break down to roughly a shake every 2 hours, so I'm getting used to eating on schedule.  I'm tummy-sloshy, though.  Between the shakes and the water... blargh.

The shakes aren't too bad now that I got rid of the ebil (eeeebiiilllll) vanilla ones, though occasionally my system alerts me (sometimes a tad too late) that i now have some type of roofing tar flying out of the shipping dock.  Who knew i could make roofing tar?!?  Hrmm!  Hope that stops soon.  TMI, i know.

Anywho, I still have this weird little voice in my head that tells me I should let my parents and sister in on the surgery info.  My parents would cause me nothing but stress, and they don't need to drive an hour up here to get on my drugged-up nerves in the hospital.  My sister is angry that I'm trying to "one-up" her in the medical department.  She was in ICU for a month at the beginning of the year for gall bladder issues.  Yeah, you can have that trophy.  I do not want to one-up you.  So far as my parents/sis know, I'm having some stomach polyps removed.  This is not untrue.  I have 2 polyps in the fundus of my stomach.  They will be removed with the sleeving procedure.  See what i did there?  So, I'm entirely better off without them watching me vomit and try to walk in the hospital.  The voice in my head is crazy. It's not my usual little voice, so I'm not listening.  I don't talk to strangers or deal with terrorists...So there =P

I think today is the day I finally make my log public.  Maybe my ramblings can help someone else, or at least amuse them...  **shrugs**  i dunno.  If yer reading this, please be nice.  I'm new here...

No comments:

Post a Comment