Saturday, April 21, 2012

Blah...

The past few days have been more of the same.  Don't wanna eat.  Have to eat.  Occasional yarking.  Trying to get more water in.  Nothing really new.

This morning I woke up and just couldn't get myself out of bed.  I knew I had to get up... I even had to pee... I just didn't feel like moving.  So I just stayed there, looking up at the ceiling, talking to myself in my brain.  Trying to find motivation.  After a while, the hubby walked in to see if I was awake...   He kissed my forehead and put his hand on my waist and promptly said "Pelvis!"... I cried.

It wasn't his fault.  I'm sure he doesn't believe that it wasn't his fault.  I've been having issues with what I see in the mirror for a long time.  But all at once, my new boniness hit me.  I can feel my ribcage and my pelvis when I lie down.  I can feel my pointy pelvic bones when I sit on a hard chair.  I can feel the cords in my legs behind my knees and at the top of my thighs.  I can see my clavicles and feel the divots in my shoulders.  I can see the cords in my knuckles instead of the fat little dimples that used to be there.

When I was 400+ pounds, I didn't much like what I saw in the mirror.  At times, I still see the same fatgirl in the mirror that I saw back then.  But now nothing feels the same.  I still feel fat, but now I'm fat and bony at the same time.  That doesn't make much sense to me, but I don't like it.

I was never really good at accepting compliments.  My family taught me that there's some kind of snark behind every nice word.  I haven't quite unlearned that.  Now when someone says how good I look now, or something about how I've lost so much weight, I just want to scream.  Don't you see how horrible this is?  I'm lumpy and bony and weird now!  I hate it!  WTF?

I guess I'm just having a pityparty kind of day.  I read through the archives on WeightySecrets.com and commiserated with many of them.  I know how they feel.  I never expected the whole WLS thing to be "easy"... I just didn't know how much harder this would be than just being fat.

When I was fat, I had no comorbidities.  My blood pressure was a little high now and then, but nothing too bad.  I had no sleep apnea, no diabetes, no cholesterol problems... none of the usual suspects.  I was just fat, so I got tired easily and I would sweat more than your average thinner person.  I gave all that up for this.  This lifetime of being borderline anorexic.  A lifetime of constantly watching and planning my food and water intake.  A lifetime of vitamin and mineral supplements, protein supplements, constant nausea, dehydration, and clothes never fitting for more than a week.

I can't undo it.  I can only carry on.  I'm trying to stay positive and do that "tomorrow will be better" thing, but damn, when is my tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment