Saturday, February 4, 2012

Surgery #5 complete... and then some...

I'm still feeling kinda awful, so the updates are slow going... sorry about that...

So, the revision abdominal adhesion surgery went well.  I no longer have two navels.  No more horrible pulling pain.  Yay!  As it heals it looks more and more like normal, though i do have a new two inch incision to heal.

This procedure was done at the Surgicenter as an outpatient thing.  I was at the Surgicenter at 7am and home before 3pm.  Easy peasy.  The only problem I had was my surgeon went from my surgery to another surgery and couldn't be reached to change my Rx.  The standard outpatient pain Rx apparently is Tylenol 3.  I'm allergic to codeine.  Yep, Umm... I can't take that... Luckily, I'm not really compliant about taking pain meds on time so i had some leftover meds at the house.

I did let my doc know that I'm still not doing well on solid foods, so he schedule another EGD with balloon dilation for me on February 2nd.  i should go back and count how many EGDs I've had so far... i think this was 16 or 18...

Anywho, the EGD went well.  I wasn't fully strictured, but it was closed slightly.  The doc discovered new ulcerations at the permanent stitches site, so he said that irritation is what's causing me to heave on the solid foods.  Now I'm on Carafate for the ulceration and we have another procedure to schedule to remove the permannet stitches once my new pseudo-tummy is completely healed.  Hopefully that one will be a quick outpatient thing, too.  they should be able to remove the pesky stitches with the EGD set-up, so no more incisions.

I got a stern talking-to when the doc said "What pain meds are you on?" and I said "None."  Now I'm back on the heavy-duty meds and I was told to take it easy and sit on my butt more.  So, I'm gong to sit on my butt...

1 comment: