Thursday, February 9, 2012

I hate electronics... *Rant Incoming*

So, first I started out with the Wii and a WiiFit board.  It said I was too fat and couldn't calculate anything... please remove your enormous girth from the WiiBoard before you break it...  After a while, I was able to actually USE the WiiFit (apparently it has a 330 lbs weight limit).  When I would step on the board it would say "Oooooh!"  Kinda like a Wii "OUCH"... Then in a most pleasant voice the Wii would announce "That's obese!"  Yay! Bite me!  I know that.  That's why I got a fricking WiiFit in the first place, thank you Captain Obvious.

I was doing pretty good with the WiiFit workouts... aerobic step, boxing, running in place... the balance games would make me mad, but the rest were pretty much okay.  Doable.  I watched as my BMI went down along with my weight... yes, of course I'm wearing heavy winter clothes to workout, doesn't everyone?!?!?

My lovely, wonderful, supportive S.O. decided that we needed to get an Xbox for Christmas... Look, we'll get a Kinect so you can still work out with games and stuff.  Yay, I apparently love change.  Let's screw up my routine some more!

Enter February 9th.  I finally got up the nerve to try out said Kinect game, YourShape.  I battled with the Xbox for a while trying to figure out the controller, then with the Kinect who made me poke at random pretend buttons in the air.  Now I feel stupid.  I hate new stuff.  So, I'm in my living room poking at invisible option buttons.  The Kinect thinks it's a good idea to put a scan of you into the game.  Now I get to see my fat ripple and shake as I try and punch down walls and swing an invisible jumprope.  Eeew.  Really?!? 
After every game I tried, the stern woman instructor tells me "You're not quite getting it."  Yeah, ya think?!?  I use my anger to curse out this voice and fuel my hopping and punchings.  I was not going to quit...
Thirty minutes late, I apparently "punched out" 10 calories.  What?  Sorry, did you misplace a decimal?  Ten? 

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!  I could burn more calories banging my head on the wall.  That can't be right.  I chalked it up to "Aerobics - general" in the MyFitnessPal log.  Somehow in my annoyance, I hit some random buttons and the Kinect decided to recalibrate.  It's too low.  The dang thing is sitting too low in the room and it wasn't reading my movements.  Now I have to redecorate and find somewhere else for the Kinect doohickey to sit so it can actually track my movements.  Guess that's my evening planned...
I miss my Wii...   *pout*

1 comment: