Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012

I know I'm not fully up to date with my posts, I still have a few doctors' appointments to post about, but I just had to post today since it's a holiday.

Hooray, run on sentence!

Anywho, this year I ate a few bits of turkey with gravy, two chunks of sweet potato, and a few bites of stuffing.  It was AMAZING.  The food bounced up and down a few times, but settled rather well after about 30 minutes.  I think the Bentyl and Neurontin are actually helping.  I even got brave enough to try a few bites of pumpkin pie!  That didn't go as well, and my stomach is still not too happy about it now, but I got all of the food to stay down.  I am ecstatic!!

Last year, I was in the hospital on Thanksgiving.  I had a doodled turkey stuck to my TPN bag for my PICC line.  This year I ate real solid food.  I still have to hook up to my PICC TPN tonight before I go to bed, but I think today was a huge step for me.  My morale is way up, and now I have hope for the future.  I got a glimpse of normalcy and it was absolutely delightful!!

I just had to share.

I hope your Thanksgiving was as exceptional and love-filled as mine was.  My mother-in-law cooked a fabulous meal and there was a house full of family.  Everyone complemented me on how well I looked considering all I've been through.  Lots of love and hugs were exchanged.  The future is looking a bit brighter.

Hooray!!  I am so thankful that my health is beginning to improve, and that I have such a wonderful support system.

Thank you all for reading my little blog and caring abut me.  It's so nice to know there's love and support for me here, too.  I'm thankful for you guys, and for the people I can support and encourage through hard times after surgery.  You guys are great <3

2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that you are finally getting back to "normal"...May this be the start of a wonderful new you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Kiera!! Sounds like you are finally seeing some light at the end of a long tunnel. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete