Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wow, Has It Really Been That Long....?

Yep.  I have already said I suck at this blogging thing.  I'm sorry.

If any of you are still out there, I apologize for my absence.  I'm going to read a few pages back and see where I left you all hanging, then get some updates up.

It's been a rollercoaster... par for the course...  I've had my ups and my downs, and now I'm still pretty much in the same place I have been.

Currently I've been on the same PICC line since October of last year, but my TPN has been cut down to every other day.  My visiting nurse has suggested bringing it down further to every three days when I feel like I can eat enough to sustain myself in between TPN bags.  My diet currently consists of mostly liquids... Liquids are safer... I've been sipping on Glucerna shakes during the day since none of the protein shakes seem to be thin enough to appease the FrankenTummy.  I have bits and bites of solids, but usually it's just to satisfy the need for a taste of something.  I'm still vomiting like an overactive volcano with solids or thick liquids.

I haven't logged in to MyFitnessPal for quite a long time.  I just found it too depressing.  Instead of being inspired, I would watch the success of others and cry.  Sooner or later I'm going to have to face those demons.  I do miss quite a few of my MFP friends.  Some of them have sought me out on Facebook and we talk there.  Please feel free to contact me there, if you'd like.  But, yeah, I need to get back on MFP... I keep saying I'll log back in as soon as I'm off of the PICC line... that just hasn't happened yet.  I've also stopped logging into the gastric sleeve boards.  It's just too depressing.  Same reasons pretty much.

Basically, I'm still breathing, so that's something.  I'm still in constant pain and I'm now physically dependent on my pain meds, so there's another demon I'm battling.  I'm preparing for another EGD next week along with a wireless menometry test.  I'm still a medical mystery.

I will try and get back to logging about everything.  I have missed this blog as an outlet.  My cathartic little ranting place... Oh how I've missed you.  I'm still out of work on disability and trying to get signed up for social security disability.

Currently it's 90 degrees in Delaware, so my arse is sticking to my leather desk chair.  I will move some files around tonight and see if I can remember how to upload some updated pictures...

Again, thanks to those of you who were checking up on me.  I'll try and be less of a hermit.  I promise.

1 comment:

  1. My breath literally caught in my chest when I saw you post. I've really be worried about you. I understand your absence - I wish I had thought about finding you on FB. I'll try now. I'm glad you're alive... I'm glad you're doing well. I look forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete