Monday, November 12, 2012

VaperCon 2012.... with a PICC...

We arrived at VaperCon a day early for the pre-party.  The Clarion hotel in Richmond, Virginia, was invaded by approximately 800 electronic cigarette enthusiasts.  The vapers.  It was a weekend to gather and hang out with people we chat with online daily, but some we had never met in person, and some we hadn't seen since VaperCon 2011.

I survived Thursday-Sunday.  It was a blast.  We met some great people, and hung out with friends, and got to see all the latest wares from the vendors who had booths set up.  There were hugs and squees aplenty.

VaperCon includes an annual Halloween costume contest.  I didn't enter the contest itself, but dressed up anyways just for fun.  NyanNyanNyanNyanNyan...

Yeah, I'm dorky.  I was NyanCat... that's my trailing rainbow in my right hand, and my PICC bag in my left.  I actually made the PopTart, front and back.  It was my first attempt at crafting.  I think I did pretty well  =)

It was great hanging out with everybody, but I had to run back to my hotel room ever 4 hours to get meds, and I went to the hotel room at 7:30 every night to get my PICC bag hooked up.  Thankfully, my room was just a 5 minute walk from the conference room.  I got a LOT of exercise running up and down stairs since the conference room was on the second floor and out hotel room was on the second floor in the adjoining building.  i did cheat and use the elevator a few times when I was just too tired.

We left on Sunday and I slept in the car most of the way home, waking up only to fish out toll money and mumble a few things about how cold it was.  I pretty much slept all day Monday, too.  Being social is exhausting!

It was really nice to get out of the house though.  I'm so glad we went.  I don't get to do to much socializing anymore.  I already miss the lovely vapers we hung out with, and we're already planning on next year's trip.  Hopefully VaperCon 2013 will be the first one that I get to attend while I'm healthy!!

*fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment