Saturday, November 12, 2011

What is this "Food" I keep hearing about...Ooooh! This stuff!!!

So, the EGD on the 10th successfully (so far) opened my fully sealed stoma and i have the paperwork to prove it.  I have to go back on December 1st and have another done "just to make sure".... unless it closes before that...

Anyways, yesterday i actually ate, and retained, all kinds of things.  I almost made my 80g protein goal!!  Even the protein shakes are staying down!  I never thought I'd be excited about being able to have a protein shake...

I must say, the Celebrate Vitamins brand ENS shakes have been a lifesaver!  They're protein plus calcium plus multivites all in one!  Yay, less chewables during the day!!!  The cakebatter flavored ones are pretty good mixed up with 2% milk.  I haven't tried the chocolate ones, but they're sitting on my shelf, so today might be the test, it's almost time for me to make a shake.

I'm experimenting again with different protein shake add-ins.  Malted milk powder is good, so is PB2.  I'm rather disappointed that most of the sugar-free chocolate or caramel syrups are so full of sugar alcohols.  Blech!  I need to start getting different Torani syrups to try out, so far i just have the french vanilla....

Anywho, I'm going to go make a shake and get to tracking my foods for the day.  Do you use MyFitnessPal.com?  You should check it out.  Phone app FTW.  ...I sound like an advertisement today, huh?  LOL

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are doing better.
    I use myfitnesspal and LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete