Friday, September 28, 2012

Omnomnomnom.... *review*



So, I've always been a fan of the Quest Bars... when I can tolerate solidish foods.  Today, I just got my pre-release order of the new Cravings line from QuestProteinBar.com.  They sold the new bars for a one day, preview kinda thing.  They had a limit of one box per order, sold in boxes of 12.  The Cravings bars sold out in about 12 hours.  Luckily, I was one of the ones that got in on it.  Of course, they arrived at my door today as soon as I was finished my breakfast.  Ugh.  Had to wait a few hours before I could try them.

The usual original line of Quest bars are very firm and dense, without any kind of coating or drizzle, making them perfect for stuffing in your pocket or leaving in the car.  No melty, drippy mess even on really hot days.  The New Cravings Chocolate Crunch Bar is messy.  It comes mashed in a little plastic tray (which I assume they use to shape it) which kept most of the bars in my order in one piece.  They are super crumbly and glued together with a powdery chocolatey substance.  Rather like a loose powdery bad-for-you crunch bar.  I just turned mine over and plopped it onto a plate.

Now, as we all know with anything protein... do not judge by look and smell.  They're actually rather nommy.  I can only eat about half of one at a time, but it's not too sweet with a little bit of peanutbuttery undertones.  I'd definitely order them again once they go into mass production.  I plan on using the broken ones to add some crunchies to my sugarfree pudding or to top my Fage yogurt.  Now I'm just waiting to see what the 4g of sugar alcohols and the "minute" bit of stevia does to my system.  I have a stevia allergy that usually results in airway constriction and a weird itchy tongue feeling.  After eating half a bar, I don't have any symptoms, which is making me absolutely ecstatic.

So, overall, nommy, albeit a bit of a weird texture.  Much better for me than trying to eat a candy bar, and 20g of whey protein to add to my daily goal.  I got really brave and ordered the pre-release of the next one in the Cravings line, too.... Peanutbutter cups.  Now to stalk the mailman...

No comments:

Post a Comment