Monday, July 2, 2012

Wonky much?

This morning I went for my pre-follow up routine bloodwork.  Not like I eat much anyway, but like most bloodwork, this requires fasting.  So, at 9:15 I show up for my 9:30 appointment at the blood lab.  The waiting room is packed with octogenarians who give me that evil old people stare that is generally reserved for criminals and tattooed people.  Oh, yay.  The hubby went with me, so ge stood next to my chair to give me something to lean on since I was feeling wonky and wobby today anyway.  I forgot to bring a book, so I had to amuse myself by listening to the plethora of complaints that emanates from a room full of oldsters.  The wait is too long.  It's warm in here.  I don't have an appointment, why do I have to wait? I tried to call for an appointment from the car on the way here, but no one answered the phone.

Really, you called a lab ON THE WAY HERE?  What the hell?  My parents ingrained in me that you make an appointment early and you show up early.  If I'm 15 minutes early anywhere, I'm running late.  When did being 80 make you entitled?

Anywho, they called me back and got my Rx for bloodwork and my insurance card and sat me in a big huge bloodwork chair.  My feet were swinging, I felt lost in the huge padded chair!  Then I realized that last year, I sat in this same chair for bloodwork.  This chair that made me feel like Edith Anne (yep, remember that?) was rather a tight fit last year.  The receptionist recognized me by my tattoos and squealed at me.  "Ohmygawd! How you lose dat much weight?? You look sooo guuud!!"  *sigh*  I thanked her for the compliment and proceded to explain that I have no stomach tissue and only 2/3 of my intestines left.  It works well for weight loss, but I wouldn't recommend it...  She stopped squealing at me at that point.

So, after getting 6 vials of blood drawn, I slowly got up from the chair.  I was feeling mighty wonky by this point.  The room was starting to tilt.  I said I was feeling a little lightheaded and tried to walk slowly.  The oh so helpful receptionist said "Oh, just go have a cookie or two and you'll feel better."  Yeah, thanks.  I'd like to have a cookie or two.  Bite me.

Maybe I'm just bitter and grouchy today.

The hubby helped me out to the car.  I did try to eat a little bit after we got home, but I'm still feeling wonky.  Dammit.

I'm going to the surgical follow up on July 10th with my Nutritionist and the Post WLS doctor, so I'll find out what kind of malnourished wonder I truly am then.  I have a feeling that most of my levels are still off.  Hoping that we can figure something out for the wonky dizziness... 

For now, it's time for more pain meds... and maybe a nap.  Perhaps a few hours of blissful slumber will make me less of a cranky, bitter, bitch today.  Let's hope so, for my family's sake...

No comments:

Post a Comment