Monday, May 21, 2012

Less is good, right?

So, I figured it was about time for an update.  I don't have much new going on.  I've been taking my Reglan religiously trying to get my guts moving properly and it seems to be working.  I have an occasional "Draino noise" like I used to, and I'm vomiting a lot less.  It hasn't stopped, but now it's gotten to a 70/30 ratio when I eat, instead of a 50/50 chance that I'll puke, and the liquids are staying down much more than the food is.  Any improvement is a good one.  I'm so tired of planning my food around the whole "what tastes ok the second or third time around."

I've been drinking water like crazy the past few days, but I can't seem to get hydrated.  I still get dizzy often and my outgoing fluids are getting a little darker than they should be.  I guess if that doesn't clear up soon, I'll have to call the doc.

My "Stupidity Moment" of this past weekend was quite a learning experience.  I got a terrible craving for a taro bubble-tea.  I haven't had one in probably 5 years or so.  It was just one of those random weird cravings.  We went down to DC to visit some friends and one of the girls actually went to a real Vietnamese place and got me a taro bubble-tea.  I knew it was risky.  I knew it, but it didn't stop me.  I sipped it slowly.  I stopped after 5 minutes.  I made sure not to eat very many of the bubbles since they're just "stomach filler" and I drank very little of the tea since they are NOT sugar free.  I used the straw.  Yep.  Duh.  I should have known better.  Three hours of horrendous gas pains has proved to me that I cannot use a straw.  Ever.  A little bit of sugar was ok.  A few tapioca bubbles were ok.  Drinking through a straw HURT.  Lesson learned.

I'm also having less bathroom time, which is NOT good.  Along with being dehydrated, it seems like I may have to resort to some Miralax or something.  Nothing's moving in that department, either....  I don't know if I should up my fiber supplements or if that will just cause an impaction... Eeew.  I know.

Sooo, that's about it.  Nothing real remarkable.  Less puking is nice.  Less output everywhere else is not.  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment