Thursday, October 6, 2011

EGD number 6? 8? I dunno anymore...

So, puking leads to EGD's, apparently.  Went to the hospital on September 13th for my upper scope thing at 7:45am.  My surgeon was replaced with a doctor i do NOT like since her patient "stupidly ate breakfast" and couldn't have an EGD.  Really?!? You called her stupid?  Yay, professionalism.  I was thinking about objecting to this doctor, but as i was lying on the table waiting for my doc i heard behind me "My patient stupidly ate breakfast so no go, I'll do this one.  start sedation." and of course, lights out.

I woke up to a nurse explaining my procedure results.  Wheres the doc?  Oh, she's busy.  WTF?!?!  I always have my surgeon explain my results...  Oh, I have an ulcer?  Why?  How? Oh, you don't know.  *sigh*

Sooo...Ii stopped into the doc's office on my way home from the hospital and made an appointment for the next day to have MY doc explain results.

He explained that a pulling or pressure on my stomach at the stoma point has caused an ulcer.  Could be causing some of my ejection problems.  Now i have to take ulcer meds 4 times a day along with the usual nighttime meds for acid.  Yay.

I was put on a full-liquid diet until the ulcer clears.  Yay, soup!  *grumble*

No comments:

Post a Comment