Monday, August 20, 2012

I Hate New Doctors...

My primary doctor has moved out of state.  I liked her.  She got me.  I needed to see a doc since I started getting these little itchy red patches above my elbows.  Most people that lose a lot of weight have skin issues from the loose skin on their abdomen.  They develop rashes and itchies where the "Abdominal apron" hangs over.  Me, I gotta be weird.  I have itchy patches from the loose armflaps hanging down.  Yeah, I know...

So yeah, sure, I'll just schedule an appointment with my old doc's replacement. 

My new primary doc is a moron.  She was nice enough, very cordial and professional.  I explained that my meds were all in non-solid form since I have no stomach tissue left.  I explained that her computer numbers were correct, and I had indeed lost about 90 pounds since my last visit in October.  I told her about the loose skin and my itchy elbows.  She thinks I have exzema.  Really?  Now she wants me to strip so she can look for other patches.  Nope, no other patches.  Just the weird "look, my loose skin hits this spot" patches.  Really, lady, I know what's doing it now how do I fix it!?!?
 
I asked for my anxiety meds to be refilled, since I haven't had them filled since October.  She asked if I was feeling depressed.  I answered with "Well, some days I want to jump in front of a bus, but luckily I'm too tired to get off of the couch."  She didn't understand my sense of humor and now wants me to go see a shrink.  She said "If I give you an Rx for 90 pills, are you sure you won't take them all at once?"  "Geez, lady.  Have you seen them?  They're in individual blister packs with paper backing, it would take me hours just to unwrap 90 of them!"   Again... she didn't get it.  So, now my medical record says that I'm SquirrelNutZipperCrazy and I need a shrink.  My last primary doc would have laughed.  I miss her.  *grumblegrumble*

I think it's time to check my insurance website and see where I can find a new primary doc with some common sense...

1 comment:

  1. To reassure you, your sense of humor isn't broken. I would have laughed. Then again, I'm sure it's probably because she doesn't know you and how much you have to live for.

    Finding a new doc sucks. Ask for referrals - I've found that it's the only way. Especially because it feels like most doctors are in it for the money.

    ReplyDelete