Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011.... Good Riddance!!

So, I've been out of the hospital for 9 days now.  I'm doing pretty well on pureed foods and protein shakes.  It's still difficult to get in 80 grams of protein a day, but I'm determined to make my minimum of 60 grams.  I still can't eat much, only about 1/4 cup at a time.  I have trouble remembering to eat.  Since I don't feel "hunger" anymore, I almost need a timer to remind me just to eat... Reminders to chew, chew, chew fly through my brain constantly.  I'm terrified of getting sick.  If I catch a cold or someone's little bug, then I might start to vomit again... Can't happen.  Won't happen.  Scares the bajeebies out of me.

On a positive note, I'm going into 2012 more than 100 lbs lighter and MUCH, much wiser.  I know more medical terms than most people my age.  I have experienced things that would have made a lesser person crumble.  I have taken medications that some of my friends would have LOVED to have...  heh.

Anyways, my plans for tonight are simple... I'm going to be on the couch, watching TV with the kids, and probably falling asleep before midnight.  I'm a party animal, I know.  I'm almost looking forward to the new year.  I'm hoping that it will bring health with it.  I miss my health.  Dammit.

Here's wishing you, my humble readers, health and happiness in the new year.  Happy 2012.

1 comment:

  1. 2012 is going to be your year girl - it just HAS to with everything you have been through!!! So glad you are back to posting, I love reading your blog.

    http://mylifewithsleevie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete