Sunday, January 15, 2012

Gearing up for the last surgery... until the next surgery...

Surgery number five... January 24th.  Nine days away.  As of now, I can still eat purees, and liquids are no problem.  Sometimes I can eat a little soft-solids, but sometimes they HURT.  I'm still rather gun-shy about food.  I guess that's normal after what i've been through...

I'm still in a good amount of pain... yesterday I even discovered a new one!!  Now, when I bend forward at the waist, something in my left side feels like a rubberband snapping.  The first time this happened I actually heard an internal "POP" when I felt it... now, as it happens more and more, it's kind of just like I've been twanged on the inside with a rubberband.  I'm not sure what is causing this, but the pain fades after an hour...

*shrug*

I suppose I'll have to call the doc after the holiday on Monday.  I'm not too concerned, it only happens when I bend, so I'm just not bending.  I hope this isn't another complication...  I also hope this isn't permanent!

That's about all I've got for an update.  Still hoping to get back to work soon.  Still waiting on Social Security to say if I'm disabled or not (my disability arrangement from work made me apply after 6 months of being out of work).  SS generally takes "up to 120 days" to review your application, so I just might be back to work before then!

*crossing fingers*

No comments:

Post a Comment